Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fan



Dear Fan

I am sorry to overtire you for the past few days. Please do not blame me, blame it on the hot weather. Whenever I am in the room, I will have to switch you on as I perspire from head to toe non-stop

When I sleep at night, I switch you on for ten hours. When I do my work in the room, I switch you on again. When I take an afternoon nap, I will switch you on yet again. You must be feeling very frustrated right?

You have been a part of my home for more than a decade, maybe close to two even. Whenever I need you, you are always there to produce airflow to cool me down

You rotate your vanes continuously to create air currents without making any complains of giddiness. This carries on forever until I press the red zero button. Sometimes in the middle of the night when it is not so hot anymore, I can't be bothered to get up and switch you off as I am too lazy to do it. But you never protest

You don't have any public holidays except during the colder days in December and January. You must be on standby 24/7 365 days around the year

I salute you. You will always be loved. Ok maybe I shall switch on the air-con tonight and give you a day-off

Regards
Your owner

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...