Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Windows 7 launch

There are no lessons on Tuesdays according to my timetable so I can save $1.38 (69, 69) on transport fare provided if I stayed at home which I did so today. Continued doing more maths questions to keep my brain active and tried getting inspiration for the design of the movie poster by taking an afternoon nap

Microsoft is slated to release Windows 7 on Thursday(October 22), less than three years after the release of its predecessor, Vista. Will it be Oct 22 be Redemption Day for Microsoft? Windows Vista has received substantial criticism from reviewers and users for a long time

I think people who favour Windows Vista over Windows XP have something special and unique about the way their brain functions. From being vulnerable to cold boot attacks to draining laptop battery at a faster rate to its reliability with all the added features and complexity

Windows XP is still the (most)people's choice for operating systems excluding the loyal Macintosh fans. It is better than Vista in everything except that I can't seem to place icons wherever I like on the desktop unlike Vista

So far, Windows 7 has received a fair number of positive reviews which is encouraging since the pressure is on Microsoft to appease users with a better OS. CNet gives Windows 7 Home Premium a rating of 4.5/5 stars, stating that "it is more than what Vista should have been, (and) it's where Microsoft needed to go."

I think that is the reason why my school has yet to upgrade to Windows Vista since last year when I first purchased my laptop. Maybe it wanted to wait until 22/10/2009 to "jump" over Vista and to Windows 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...