Monday, October 05, 2009

Whole Grain

Eat more whole grains instead of white bread or white rice and it'll reduce your risk of diseases like diabetes and heart problems, says the Health Promotion Board

Established with a vision to build a nation of fit and healthy people, the HPB has changed its healthy diet pyramid recently. Previously, it recommended us to consume one serving of whole grains per day but it has since changed it to two to three

In case if you are wondering what are whole grains, they are basically cereal grains that have the outer bran layer and germ portion. In a nutshell, it is a grain with a shell

Examples of whole grain food include brown rice, whole wheat bread and popcorn. Actually, the HPB has come up with new alternatives to suit locals' tastes

Like chicken rice served with brown rice and skinless chicken. Sounds interesting to me, I wouldn't mind trying it out but if the taste is CMI, I will still stick to the traditional greasy and fragrant one

Please do not have the same mentality as me if you want to lead a healthy lifestyle

Reasons why one should eat whole grains include the fact that they have more vitamins(B & E), fibre, iron, zinc, magnesium(I sound like a chemist) other substances

Since they are rich in fibre, whole grains can enable you to have a more pleasant toilet trip when doing big business. It also makes you feel full with less calories

Finally, a whole grain diet protects you from diseases related to the heart and some type of cancers

Do I sound long-winded? Well, I have to come up with a whole and complete post as the topic is on whole grains

Ok now can someone tell me where can I get to eat chicken rice served with brown rice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...